CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Holly's big day

Holly was baptised a few weeks ago.  All of our children have been very excited for their baptism day.  But I just have to mention here that Holly was EXCEPTIONALLY excited.  I don't think any of our kids have even been that excited about Christmas.
 
 One afternoon Holly sat down at the table all by herself.  I didn't even know what she was up to.  She counted up the number of weeks till her big day and she made a paper chain.  Everyday she would faithfully pull a chain off to mark the number of days left till her baptism.  She never had to ask, "How many days, Mom."  She always knew and she would tell us every morning how many were left.  As the days got closer and closer she would squeal just a little and do a happy little hop as she pulled the chains down.
 A few days early family came.  It was so exciting for Grandma's and Grandpa's to be here.  Holly got to help Grandma S. make her baptism dress.  She was thrilled about that.  And it turned out so beautiful.  Thanks, Mom! 
 Holly asked if her primary teachers (whom she loves!)would give the talks about baptism and also the gift of the Holy Ghost. Holly told me that when they spoke she felt all warm inside.  She said she was afraid there would be tears in her eyes.
 Then as Timothy confirmed her she was just overwhelmed by the feeling of the Spirit.  She cried and smiled and cried a little more.  I think Holly has been waiting for this special gift for a lot longer than we all thought she had.  She is such a special gift to our family.  We love you, Holly!

2 Comment:

Linda S said...

It was my pleasure to make a baptismal dress for my sweet little princess! I hope she can get some good wear out of it. And I do hope she can feel all the love sewed up into each seam. I am proud of you, little Holly. You are turning into such a lovely young lady! ♥♥♥

Joseph and Mary + Six said...

What a special day for a very special girl. Holly has always held a special place in my heart. She's so kind to little Molly. Just hearing about how excited she was to be baptized warmed my heart. Chanin, you have really great kids! Can't wait to see you guys!